Digital storytelling through social media is increasingly becoming an essential component of outreach for organizations and businesses. It’s especially important in higher education.
- Informing. It’s how we inform the public and those within our institution about the work we do.
- Hiring. It’s how we get the attention and interest of potential staff and instructors seeking employment.
- Recruiting. It’s how we reach prospective students.
- Fundraising. It’s how we inspire alumni and others from the community to give.
- Motivating. It’s how we inspire ourselves to be encouraged about the work we do.
- Documenting. It’s how we journal our experiences to create a collective institutional memory and history. These stories can document the what and how of processes.
- Educating. In addition to telling stories, we can share about the process. This becomes an educational, transparent, and open-source way of equipping others to tell their stories.
Below are some photos from recent work I’ve been doing in the area of digital storytelling, and sharing the behind the scenes experiences of how we’re documenting our work — what technology and process is used.