Personal Update 201603 | 31 March 2016 | Thursday
I hope you’re doing well. Thanks for taking a moment to read my latest update.
For the past three months I’ve been keeping very busy with my consulting business providing technology services and developing websites for individuals, organizations, and businesses. In December, Bevel & Co. asked me to do some work for them. So, I’d been busy with that for the past few months. For more details, you can read my update about working for Bevel and Company.
Here are a few of the websites I’ve been working on recently:
- CoinSalesUSA.com – This is a site I’m excited to launch. It’s an information site as well as a sales portal to eBay. Next week is the Grand Opening, at which point the eBay sales will begin showing up on the site. You can see the basic site right now. It’s a good template for other similar sites.
- CombinedEfforts.org – The website for Combined Efforts recently underwent a major renovation that I was able to assist with. Mary Vasey envisioned much of the visual design and layout of the new site, and I provided some technical expertise to make that all happen.
- CommunityVisionHealing.com – This is a site that I helped launch a little while back, but I’d not mentioned it yet. It’s the website of Jamila Tharp, a minister who supports individuals, families, and communities through various services.
- FriedmanAssociates.net – This is a consulting group that helps non-profit organizations get the funding they need to improve our communities. I worked with Jason Friedman to create a site that explains their group and services.
- PetersenIronMetalRecycling.com – This is a recycling center in our area that partners with other local materials recycling centers. I enjoyed working with their office staff to develop a site that would convey more about what they offer.
With most of the websites I help create, it’s really a co-labor endeavor. I typically train people to design and manage their own website. I like this approach because each site is uniquely designed with creative input from the site owner. My online web design portfolio has some of my other recent work.
Time With Greg
I’ve started using an online scheduling system which makes it much easier for people to schedule time with me. The web address is TimeWithGreg.com and that forwards to the service I’m using.
The Apple iPad Pro
This month’s update was written using the Apple iPad Pro. I’ve been doing more of my work on the iPad Pro since it’s the only laptop/desktop replacement from Apple with a Touch Screen. Also, the iOS apps are often more efficient than the desktop or web equivalents.
Many thanks to all of you who keep in touch and provide support for the work I do.
Want More News? For additional news and updates you can subscribe to the Resources For Life Newsletter by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Origins. For those of you who are new to these monthly personal updates, they began about 15 years ago out of a desire to share from my personal life about topics of lifeways (faith), health, career, finances, relationships, effective living, and activism. This is based on the life map presented on the Resources For Life website.