Here I share some thoughts on food, cooking, and recipes. Some of these are posted to my Super Shrink Me wellness website.
One of my favorites categories of recipes are ‘instant recipes’ that take very little time for preparation.
- Flavored Fizzy Water. Get some quality sparkling water, such as Pellegrino. Squeeze a lime. Combine in a 12 ounce or larger glass.
BEANS AND YOGURT
These recipes make use of a cold pressed masticating-style juicer like the Omega J8006.
- Apple, Blueberry, Carrot, Cucumber, Kale, Melon, Orange, and Tomato
- Apple, Carrot, and Celery
- Apple, Carrot, Celery, Jalapeño Pepper, and Sweet Pepper
- Apple, Celery, Kale, Red Sweet Pepper, Spinach, and Tomato
- Banana Blueberry Juice Recipe
- Banana Carrot Juice Recipe
- Banana Cherry Juice Recipe
- Banana Peach Protein Juice Recipe
- Carrot Spinach Apple Protein Juice Recipe
- Strawberry Apple Carrot Protein Juice Recipe
- SuperFood Complete Nutrition Breakfast Drink Smoothie
The substitutes category of foods are items you can eat instead of something else, while getting a similar flavor and satisfaction.
- Cereal – Do you like the satisfying flavor of breakfast cereal and milk? Try having 1/2 cup of organic whole milk and 4 tablespoons of Kretschmer wheat germ.
- Crab Meat Rangoon – Instead of eating deep fat fried crab meat rangoon, try wrapping some cream cheese inside of Mission Extra Fluffy Flour Tortillas. For a little extra kick, try using Philadelphia Jalapeno Cream Cheese Spread.
- Pancakes – Pancakes are typically made with highly processed flour. Instead of pancakes, try making some Better Oats Steel Cut Maple Brown Sugar and add a bit more sweetness with some Bourbon Barrel-Aged Maple Syrup. Or, try the Great River Maple brand of Bourbon Barrel-Aged Maple Syrup.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich – The bread used for a PB&J sandwich has a lot of carbs and calories that will make you crave more food. Try having some PB&J mixed together with a small serving of milk. That will hit the spot without inducing more cravings. Be sure to use all-fruit jelly with no sugar added. Otherwise, this won’t work and the refined sugar will induce severe cravings and hunger.
- Quesadilla Without the Tortilla. On a plate you can melt some shredded cheese in the microwave. Then add sour cream and your favorite salsa or guacamole. This will taste delicious, but not have the calories and carbs that will make you overeat.
- Khari Original Puffed Pastries with Honey poured over them are like instant baklava.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly – See above under Substitutes.
- 15 Oct 2017 @ 8:59 PM – Added the cereal alternative recipe with wheat germ and milk.
- 14 Sep 2017 @ 6:53 PM – Created this document with the initial listing of recipes. Others were added later.